Become a Member
Membership at CapEd does more than save you money over traditional banks and lenders. Your membership supports Idaho’s teachers and students. All those who share our passion to support education are invited to bank with us.
We Support Our Community
CapEd members fund education in our community in numerous ways, and we invite you to join us in giving back.
Get $100 & Give $100
Since the start of the program in 2018, members have given $79,900 to 255 schools in education regions III and IV. Learn more about Get $100 & Give $100.
We Love Teachers
CapEd and our members have given a combined $23,300 to school projects through our We Love Teachers program in partnership with DonorsChoose.org
We gave $87,490 to the community in 2018 through United Way, the Lee Pesky Learning Center, Idaho AEYC, and programs that support refugees.
Online Education at a Discount
Through a unique and exclusive partnership with Boise State University, CapEd members can access online education at a substantial discount.
Passport to Education
Your CapEd membership invites you to take online classes through Boise State University and work towards obtaining a bachelors degree in Multidisciplinary Studies or Applied Science. It is a monthly subscription that makes completing certificates and degrees affordable. Learn More about Passport to Education.
How to Qualify for Membership
You qualify for membership at CapEd when you meet one of the following requirements:
- You are an employee of, a retiree from, a
volunteer1 with, or a student of a public, private, or
parochial school in one of the following:
- Ada, Adams, Blaine, Boise, Camas, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Owyhee, Payette, Valley, or Washington.
- Buhl School District, Castleford School District, College of Southern Idaho, Filer School District, Hansen School District, Murtaugh School District, Twin Falls School District, or Xavier Charter School.
- Any member of your immediate family or household2 meets membership qualification.
- Any member of your immediate family or household2 is currently a CapEd member.
- You become a member of the Idaho CapEd Foundation through a one-time $20 membership fee.
1 Volunteering in a classroom, supporting your
PTO, or helping the sports boosters club are just a few
can show your support of education.
2 Immediate family members are parents, step-parents, adoptive parents, siblings, step siblings, adoptive siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, and spouses. Household members are those living in the same household and sharing living expenses.
Products and Services
CapEd members gain access to our wide range of financial products and services.