Become a Member
Membership at CapEd does more than save you money over traditional banks and lenders. Your membership supports Idaho’s teachers and students. All those who share our passion to support education are invited to bank with us.
We Support Our Community
CapEd members fund education in our community in numerous ways, and we invite you to join us in giving back.
Get $100 & Give $100
Since the start of the program, members have given $61,000 to 219 schools in education regions III and IV. Learn more about Get $100 & Give $100.
We Love Teachers
CapEd and our members have given a combined $19,000 to school projects through our We Love Teachers program in partnership with DonorsChoose.org
We gave $87,490 to the community in 2018 through United Way, the Lee Pesky Learning Center, Idaho AEYC, and programs that support refugees.
How to Qualify for Membership
You qualify for membership at CapEd when you meet one of the following requirements:
- You are an employee of, a retiree from, a volunteer1 with, or a student of a public, private, or parochial school in one of the following:
- Ada, Adams, Blaine, Boise, Camas, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Owyhee, Payette, Valley, or Washington.
Twin Falls County School Districts:
- Buhl School District, Castleford School District, College of Southern Idaho, Filer School District, Hansen School District, Murtaugh School District, Twin Falls School District, or Xavier Charter School.
- Any member of your immediate family or household2 meets membership qualification.
- Any member of your immediate family or household2 is currently a CapEd member.
- You become a member of the Idaho CapEd Foundation through a one-time $20 membership fee.
1 Volunteering in a classroom, supporting your
PTO, or helping the sports boosters club are just a few ways you
can show your support of education.
2 Immediate family members are parents, step-parents, adoptive parents, siblings, step siblings, adoptive siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, and spouses. Household members are those living in the same household and sharing living expenses.
Products and Services
CapEd members gain access to our wide range of financial products and services.
- Access online education through Boise State University at a substantial discount through our Passport to Education program.
- Earn more with High Yield Checking and Good For Me Checking accounts.
- Members can apply for more affordable loans on cars and trucks, homes, and boats and RVs.
- Members can also enjoy perks and discounts for entertainment, insurance, and cellular.